BE THE LIGHT. January 16, 2010. Get Involved. Be the Change. Take a Stand. MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Yesterday was our youth rally at NHBC (North Hills Baptist Church). It was really fun. The speakers were amazingly good. They did a good job yesterday. Now if only I was able to go on Friday's...sigh... At our youth rally yesterday, we worshiped & we praised God in his holy name. The played good songs & Josh was starting to lose his voice. Lol. I love his hair. & I met another Nikko. Haha. He's a junior as well & a christian. Just like the Hercules Nikko, but this Nikko is taller (x But no, I've seen Vallejo Nikko around school, just never said anything to him. He sings quite good actually (: The best thing that touched me the most at the youth rally was to see people jumping, clapping their hands, singing, & just praising God. I got to see some of the youth of TFBC (: They enjoyed it. & next time, they said they'll bring the whole youth :D woot woot! I'm going to be bringing new ideas to the table for NHBC. Hopefully they'll approve.
But lemme talk about what the speakers had said yesterday.
Get Involved; This was Vicky's topic. Now Vicky had talked about getting involved with the church. & you know, we should. Because the church is the body of Christ. & God has given us each a special gift & if we don't use that gift, he could take it away from us. Some of the gifts can be preaching & speaking out in front of others to teach them about God. The other one can be singing, music (playing an instrument), dancing. & honestly, I have three out of those four gifts. YOU might have some different gift to use & I encourage you to use that gift to help evangelize! Vicky's topic was very touching to me, because both me & her plan to be more involved. Don't let anyone tell us that we're too young to get involved & help change the world.
If only I was taking notes at the time, I would've put Bible versus'.
Be the Change; Now Nikko had talked about this topic. In the beginning he opened in prayer & closed in prayer. But anyway, he talked about being the change. He said that we should be the change. For he had said the ole saying, "If God is for us, who's against us?" Basically saying that if we know who God is, nothing can stop us. We can have the ability & courage everyday. Although we face opposition everyday, we know that God can help us get through it. All we have to do is PRAY! & I encourage you too that you have the courage & strength to BE THE CHANGE. Joshua 1:6-9. (NIV) "6Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore with their forefathers to give them. 7Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8Do not let the Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Now this all ties into Josh's topic
Take a Stand; Josh had opened up in prayer & closed in prayer as well. Now Josh had talked about taking a stand. Acts 1:8 (NIV) "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Josh had talked about facing oppostion in his message. Just like I had said in Nikko's. We face opposition everyday. Josh had also said that is takes faith to take a stand. Meaning, if we don't have faith in God, we have nothing to help gives us that courage & strength to take the stand to Get Involved, Be the Change, Take a Stand, and Make a difference. We need God to help get through whatever it is we're going to go through. Acts 7:54, you can look that up yourself. Lol.
Make a Difference; Daisy's topic was about making a difference. She started off telling us about a little boy named David who made a difference not being aware that he was making a difference. It was in the book of John. I'm not sure what versus', but it was in John. She said that to make a difference, we need to believe in God. In order to make a difference, we need to first believe in God. To make the difference, we need to reach out to those who don't know who God is. They think they do, but they really don't. Read these versus'. Ephesians 4:27 & 1 Peter 3:8. Those are the versus' that Daisy had used in her message. We just need to believe in God to make the stand. & for those Christians out there that are doing absolutely nothing, START DOING SOMETHING! Stop being scared to make a change & to take a stand. Don't think that you're too young, becuase no one is ever to young or too old to evangelize. The little things tou say or do will shine bright cos God knows it was for him. Start getting involved. Be the change that sets the examples for us Chrsitians! Especially the youth cos we are the future. We are the ones that are going to be taking over the church in the future! So why not make the change now?
After all the speakers talked, we had dinner. That's the time when Asiele & Mike & Renz came (: It was nice seeing Asiele again. I love that giiirl to death (: My new home skillet Junior though, ya feeel me? Haha. I also met Nikko during dinner & like it's funny cos he was saying something & he hella just went on a different topic, lol. He was saying that he thinks he has ADD. Lol! He's quite funny. & we just talked & had fun. I'm glad that TFBC came & had fun. & me & Kuya Mark were talking about how to raise money for this years Tsunami. How fun (: haha. A talent show, 2 months from now. Fundraising. Performances. Yup yup. Fun (: More info to come on those. So keep checking. & MAYBE, HOPEFULLY, we'll be able to do a dance session & then a bible study after. So keep in check for those! Yesterday was just overall a good day (: thank God for everything you have done for us yesterday. It was an amazing day. I'm glad to know who you are. If only I had my camera -.- but I was getting annoyed cos I kept getting tweeets -__________-' Yall tweet to damn much. Lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment